- BlackHawk USB-100v2 debugger
- Code Composer Studio 6.0
Prepare to debugging
- Please register on TI's site, download CCS 6 and install it.
Driver for debugger is default build-in CCS.
- Run CCS and choose
File -> New -> Target Configuration file
Put new configuration file's name and click Finish
- New window will appear. Choose debugger Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Debug Probe. Select the interesting processor (i.e. AM3358). Save configuration by pressing Save button.
- Do the Test connection. If debugger is connected there will show statement like this:
"The JTAG DR Integrity scan-test has succeeded. [End: Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Debug Probe_0]"
- Now choose
View -> Target configuration
Press right mouse button on created configuration and select Launch Selected Configuration. The CCS should change the window at CCS Debug.
- Next press right mouse button on Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Debug Probe_0/CortxA8 and click Connect target
The processor will go in Suspended mode after connection. To resume processor select
Run -> Resume(F8)
or press the green arrow in shortcut panel
- To import the kernel symbols choose
Run -> Load -> Load Symbols
and select vmlinux from kernel directory. Known function names will be visible from now.
- Connecting to the processor should works in every moment of Chiliboard running. Please remember that processor goes into Suspended mode always when debugger is connected.